Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Your name, address, date of birth, mobile telephone number, call data records including Traffic Data and Location Data, and voice mail recordings.
- If you contact our Customer Services Department, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including copies of e-mails and your e-mail address. We may also monitor or record any telephone calls made to our Customer Services Department for quality assurance.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.ajbrethertons.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or our mobile telephone services and products.
- Details of your visits to our website include, but are not limited to, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for the resources that you access.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services. For example, now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
- We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
IP addresses and cookies:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about a user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
Where we store your personal data:
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry-standard encryption technology that protects your Personal Data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your Personal Data, AJ Brethertons cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information that you transmit to AJ Brethertons online.
Uses made of personal data:
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- Supplying the Products and Services to you,
- Providing you with service information, for example about Network faults,
- The prevention or detection of fraud,
- Market research and profiling your usage and purchase preferences, and
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
AJ Brethertons may also use your Personal Data to contact you by post, telephone, e-mail or SMS to let you know about services provided by AJ Brethertons.
You may request any information AJ Brethertons holds about you and correct us if it’s wrong.
You may request for your data to be deleted.
You may request your data is not used for certain purposes.
Links from our website to other websites:
Please be aware that our website provides access to other websites by linking to them. We are only responsible for the privacy, content or security of the AJ Brethertons website.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.ajbrethertons.co.uk
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide a better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns.
The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
How can I control the cookie preferences?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.